Wednesday, August 24, 2005

You May Notice A Change

My blog has been spammed. Three times now.

While I think it's nice of Mr. Ed Warner (22144827) to make sure that I am so well informed about the timber industry, his use of the comment feature in my blog to advertise his ten-cent stock offering is an inappropriate intrusion. He compounds the problem by not including a "make-it-stop" link, which I'm pretty sure is illegal, but when did that ever stop anyone?

From now on, when you elect to leave a comment here, you'll be asked to type a verification word that confirms that you're human. I feel like I should be apologetic to you, my loyal readers, but that's a feeling that doesn't sit well with me. I shouldn't have to apologize for someone else's unwanted misuse of my blog.

A quick Yahoo! search for the term "Global Cedar" yielded 5,830 results, many of which are comments in people's blogs from none other than Mr. Ed Warner (22144827). Energy and Asset Technology, Inc. turns out to be an Australian company. The initial press release from which Mr. Ed Warner (22144827)'s text appears to have been taken lists a point of contact, but no e-mail address. I'll keep looking, and when I find it, I'll post it here so that all y'all can write Down Under to complain.

I'd like to thank Erica for pointing out this option in the blogspot comments settings, and I hope you'll still elect to share your thoughts even though I've added another step to the process.

6 comments:

Erica said...

First post to make it past the Comment Nazi! Woo-hoo!

Valerie said...

I had abortion people spamming mine for a while. Damn them!

Sherri said...

I really like how they compliment your blog and say they just happened by and then....oh by the way....check out this beanie baby site or whatever.

Gee....they had me fooled.

Anonymous said...

I posted about my mother in the hospital and got tons of medical related spam. I'll try your trick on my blog. Hope it works!

Thanks for the tip!

ramblin' girl said...

not sure if this will get through, since I don't feel very human right now...
but great way to keep out the spammers, hopefully?

daisy said...

i've had 2 spam recently...how do you add the word verification?