Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hope

Just a quick follow-up on my sister’s baby.

She could not possibly have chosen better parents.

I wrote a note to them yesterday, just to say a) I love them and b) that they’re being prayed for more than they know.  (Thank you all!)

The response they sent was hilarious, as they played off each other’s e-mails.  Yes, they’re shocked, and worried, and saddened…but they are meeting this new challenge with grace and humor and love (and six hours of Internet research).  

As my brother-in-law put it, “I love my daughter.  I love my wife.  I love this family.  We’ll get through this.”  

And apparently, we’ll laugh, while we’re doing it.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Kurt,

I just read your last two posts and I am shocked. What terrible news. I agree with your comment on how lucky their little girl is to have such wonderful parents. You never know how strong you really are until you have to be. I will think of your family often and keep you in my prayers. I hope that someday they will look back on this as they are holding their beautiful healthy baby and think, 'remember when we were so scared for no reason?'

All the best, Kurt!

Sherri

Erica said...

I cannot say it better than Sherri. So I'll just say, me too.
-Erica

Chelle said...

Kurt, I am praying for your sister's family. I too just read these posts. You have a very strong family.

rennratt said...

I find it awesome that your sister and brother in law can find laughter during such a scary time. What a blessing. Your entire family is in my prayes.

Condoleesa said...

My youngest son had something similiar on our first two ultrasounds. His were growths on his brain. The were absorbed and disappeared before he was born and has not had any problems. Sometimes science tells us too much. I will pray for your sister and the baby because prayer never hurts.