Monday, January 16, 2006

Please Pray

My sister called this morning.  While looking at the ultrasound during her monthly prenatal visit, the doctor found a number of tumors growing on her baby’s heart.  

They were not there last month.

There is no way of knowing if they are malignant, but even if they are benign, the problems they could cause include brain damage.  (As of this morning, the word benign has been redefined for me, and if I had my way, doctors would be required to deliver the news of a benign tumor with a healthy dose of sarcasm, and an exaggerated wink.  Or maybe a facial tic.)

Your prayers will help.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

Consider it done. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with your sister and your family. I am hopeful that this may be one of those things that somehow "resolves" itself before the baby is even born...My thoughts are with all of you.

ramblin' girl said...

Kurt, I hope everything is alright with your sister and the little one. They are in my thoughts.

Betty said...

Scary. Very scary.

I sobbed when my first born was jaundiced. I can't imagine the terror your sister must be experiencing.

Hang in there.

Prayers in motion as we speak.

Anonymous said...

Prayers covering your family and you.

Anonymous said...

Just surfed here and read your plea. I add your sister and her child to my prayer list. Many hugs from New Mexico.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kurt. I will pray, absolutely. Anything else we can do, let us know.