Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Weather Vein

Whoever thought up this week's weather for San Diego needs to have their head examined.

Check it.

As I write this, it's 61 degrees (16, if you're Meg, who is brought to you by the letter "U".)(And while I'm at on the subject of Meg, I should suggest that you go vote for her in the Best New Blog and Best Personal Blog categories.).

But notice the bright red letters "Severe Weather Alert!" Apparently, we may have...shudder...FROST.

ALERT ALERT ALERT...SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED. Jack Frost is on a rampage in Southern California, and he may do a drive-by on yo' garden, and shit.

Apparently.

I'll contrast this with the weather in Casper, Wyoming, which is also listed in fair condition...at 20 degrees (-7, if you're Meg), with temps expected to dip down to -1 (-18...yeouch, Meg) over night. And no severe weather alert.

See, we're Weather Pussies here in SoCal.

I predict a run on plastic sheeting at Home Depot today.

4 comments:

ramblin' girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ramblin' girl said...

61 sounds absolutely balmy... compared to the 10 it is here (and supposed to drop another 7, yet tonight).
But I shouldn't complain... since there's that beautiful fluffy white stuff all over the ground!!
Happy Frost!

Erica said...

It is 70 here in Charlotte.

SEVENTY, I say, on the last day of November.

When I was 15, my dad and I went to San Diego just after Christmas and I was astounded by how it was warmer there than the Atlanta we left behind.

Anonymous said...

You're awesome!