Tuesday, April 04, 2006

She's Here!

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Clara Jane was born last night at 7:42 pm, at 7 lbs 11 oz, and 19 ½ inches.  She has long black hair, just like her mother did when she was born.  The cardiac arrhythmia continued after she was born, so they whisked her off to the NICU right away, but when I saw her she was pink as pink can be, and working a pacifier as hard as she could.  There was a brief incident during the night when her heart was beating more rapidly than the doctors would prefer, but when I talked to my brother-in-law this morning, Clara was stable and doing fine.  She’s not out of the woods yet, but she’s doing about as well as can be expected.

When the doctor came in to take my sister up to surgery, he looked at the fetal monitor trace and said, “Hmmm…you’ve been having some pretty good contractions there.  We’d have had a baby tonight, either way!”  

So, I’m back at home…my parents got in last night and it was about to get crowded enough that I’d have just been in the way.  I’ll go back up on the weekend and help with all the stuff they weren’t able to get done this week because the baby came early.  

Thanks, again, so very very much, for all your prayers and thoughts.  I know they made a difference.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best wishes to all, Kurt!

Inge

Lisa said...

HOORAY! What wonderful and heart warming news. Congrats, Uncle Kurt! :-)

rennratt said...

I am so glad that she is doing so well!

We will continue to pray!

ramblin' girl said...

Glad to hear things are going ok!

Chelle said...

I am so glad that Clara is doing well. We'll keep her in our prayers that she continues to improve.

Congrats on Unclehood!!

Erica said...

Welcome to Clara! You are going to have such a good time as an uncle. You've got that dad-thing knocked; time for a new experience. :-)