Sunday, April 02, 2006

Well Met

Got together with a friend this afternoon…a friend I’d never actually met. Ramblin’ Girl was in town for a friend’s wedding, so we met up for a drink in the airport lounge while she was waiting for her flight.

It turns out she’s even cooler in person than her blog would lead one to believe, which basically means she’s really cool: smart, funny, easy to talk to, and cute.

On my way to the airport, I cursed myself for not having a good digital camera, because these kinds of meetings deserve pictures. When we met up, I forgot to ask if she had one with her, and the conversation ranged for a while in several directions, so neither of us thought of it…thus, sadly, I must report that there are no pictures of this Truly Historic Event.

Spending part of an afternoon with RG made me think again about how lucky I am to have such friends, and the often convoluted paths that cross in unexpected ways. I am happier with my life than I’ve been in many years, and friendships such as this one are part of the key.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I'm so jealous....of both of you! The two of you are both high on my list of bloggers I'd like to hug in person.

Loved the bird post. :-)

ramblin' girl said...

Aww, you're too sweet. It was great meeting you in person, too!!

And you're even better in person than your blog would lead one to believe! Which is a very difficult thing!