Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Home Early

Ow.

I am in the throes of a sciatica attack. I have a compressed disk between the 4th and 5th lumbar vertebrae, and every couple of years, it sucker-punches my spinal cord.

I'd go lay on the couch, but that's no less painful than sitting here at my computer, which is no less painful than sitting at my computer at work. The reason I'm not at work, forging through the pain, is that I can't think clearly, even without pain killers. (I screwed up at work yesterday afternoon because of this, and had to go in this morning to fix the problem...something simple that would never have happened, except my brain is apparently not working.)

Ow.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

I'm trying to think of something funny about this, but there doesn't seem to be anything.

Ow.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ow is right. I feel for you. Pain like that stinks!