Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I Can't Have A Door, But You Can Have A Window

There was an unusually cool breeze blowing through my cubicle a moment ago.

B has a fan under his desk. I've never understood why, but he does. It's a quirk of his, and since he's so frigging good at his job, I figure he's allowed a quirk or two. When he got up from his disk, I surreptitiously* checked to see if he was running said fan.

He was not.

Which meant I had a small-but-annoying mystery on my hands. Where was this breeze coming from? And would I be forced to wear a jacket...indoors...in May...in San Diego?

No, I am not a pussy about cold. I generally don't wear a jacket OUTDOORS in May in San Diego.

It turns out that the guy in the next cubicle had his window open.

I barged in, asking, "Is it so unbearably hot in here that we need a window open?" (This is not the first time.)

He: "Oh, is my window open?" No, not sarcasm. Honest surprise.

B: "Are you cold, Kurt? Didn't you grow up in New England? Aren't you used to the cold?"

B is wearing a jacket. Indoors. In May. In San Diego.

*"Surreptitiously" here means "spun around in chair in disbelief, muttering curses that would curl a sailor's toes."

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Hey,

You said that you are in San Diego and that you work at the "command" with NMCI. Are you military or just work at a military command? Just curious.....military spouse here with 80 gazzillion friends and family in the miltary.

and by the way....I am jealous about the window *me sticking out my tongue*

(no those aren't my boobs...just wishful thinking!)

Yoda said...

Hey, almost all breasts look great if you wear something low cut, bend over and push them up with the insides of your upper arms.

I'm putting a comment into my own blog. Bad form? I think not, considering the subject matter.

~Kurt